1 2 3
"The symbol of this bronze is that it represents a ménage-à-trois, an unspeakable heresy that insinuate to the public that the Blessed Virgin Mary was made pregnant, not by the Holy Ghost, but by Zachary."
Yes how dare they decorate their church with stuff you don't like. As we all know, Mary was taken on board a flying disc craft, and artificially inseminated using a large dildo-shaped syringe wielded by extraterrestrial humanoids.
6/26/2012 4:22:21 AM
A ménage-à-trois? Of course that's what the bronze depicts. Or rather: of course that's what your suppressed desire imagines it to be... Don't drool on yourself!
6/26/2012 4:28:13 AM
"It is made of modern art stained glass. This Satanic Cross is also known as the "Protestant Cross", a perfect "+" (plus) sign. The satanists claim that the "+" shaped cross represents the four elements of the universe which are air, earth, water, and fire, with the spreading in the four directions of the arms of the Cross being to receive the four said elements. The satanists thus claim that Christianity stole "their Cross". "
Arithmetic is satanic?
6/26/2012 4:29:43 AM
"(...)but a mere modern cross hanging by wires, suggesting that Jesus Christ Our Lord was just a dream, an invention, or as the satanists say: a "concept"."
Since when does a suspension device suggest that something is an invention? (Well, it is in this case, but still.)
I wonder what you'd say about the cross in one of the churches (protestant) in Gothenburg: it's white, made out of glass and plastic, has glass roses winding around it (the buds are lightbulbs!) and it's suspended by - the horror! -wires.
(Yeah, it's totally tacky.)
6/26/2012 4:54:19 AM
Sounds like Denis wants a grating to seperate the local earl from the peasants as well.
Maybe a gibbet outside for hanging heretics, and a stake for burning witches.
6/26/2012 5:24:19 AM
1. The equal-armed cross has nothing to do with Satanism. In fact, Satanists are far more likely to appropriate the St. Peter's cross (which is upside-down).
2. Satanism is a dark-side twisting of Christianity. Christianity cannot steal anything from Satanism, because Satanism took every last symbol and doctrine from Christianity by warping it.
3. A cross means the same thing as a crucifix. EVERY non-Catholic church has one. The only difference is that there is no gore depicted on a plain cross. Both have the implied message of "Jesus suffered and died on one of these for your sake." To call a plain cross Satanic is as silly as insisting that crucifixes imply that Jesus did not rise from the dead.
4. Mary WAS pregnant during the Visitation, according to the story in Luke. Separate bedrooms did not exist yet, so yes, the married couple Elizabeth and Zachary would have slept together in the main room of the house.
5. You have a filthy mind if the first thing that comes to mind when you see a picture of Mary, Zachary, and Elizabeth is "sleeping together!!"
6. Muslims believe in the virgin birth of Jesus, too. They also believe that he was a great prophet. They just don't believe he was the Messiah, because Muslim teaching does not require a Messiah at all.
6/26/2012 5:50:48 AM
This Satanic Cross is also known as the "Protestant Cross", a perfect "+" (plus) sign.
Known by idiots maybe. I have never seen such a cross in any protestant church that I went to as a lad and I went to a few. Unless you are thinking of the Celtic Cross, which can sometimes have equal sides but modern churches are not generally filled with Celtic crosses.
What this really is, is good old fashioned sectarianism. Make up some shit about the people you do not like, in your case protestants, then spread rumours as if they were facts.
Denis, you need to get a life. Perhaps stop reading your iron-age fairy stories and read books with some real knowledge in them.
6/26/2012 5:55:16 AM
Everywhere, there are clovers with three leaves. And shamrocks. And sticktights/semaphore plants. And all the computers, Androids, calculators, and tablets have equal-armed crosses on the keyboards. Your grocery and DYI receipts are full of them. It's a plot, I tell you. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
6/26/2012 6:10:08 AM
The symbol of this bronze is that it represents a ménage-à-trois
Dude, I think you're reading waaaay too much into these religious symbols. I think if I had noticed things in the church that suggested a three-way, I'd probably still be a member.
6/26/2012 6:16:34 AM
Oh come on. Do you really think there would be Satanic symbols inside a church?! I've never been to this cathedral, but I think Mr. Fleury is pulling all this out of his ass.
6/26/2012 6:48:20 AM
All dispensing pharmacies: SATANIC!
Seriously, get the fuck over yourself.
6/26/2012 6:49:14 AM
I do think your sense of metaphorical interpretation is a wee bit on steroids.
6/26/2012 7:11:45 AM
Poe or troll.
6/26/2012 7:22:29 AM
In the unlikely event that he's not a poe, put this guy and Jack Chick in a room together and let them fight it out.
6/26/2012 7:34:11 AM
Raised by Horses
You need a new hobby.
6/26/2012 7:56:15 AM
Oh My Dog!
1. I've thought this sort of thing was disturbing too, but not because it was "Satanic". Rather it is "Are those wires strong enough to keep the cross from crashing down on the congregants?" sort of thought. These crosses give me the willies much in the same way that large chandeliers do.
2. Satanists stole the cross so... no.
3. The Satanists just might be on to something there.
4. And in Utah you have the Mormons! Be afraid! Be very afraid!
5. Isn't a matrimonial bed apt as Christians refer to the Church as the Bride of Christ? Yeah, kind of weird, but that is totally a Christian thing.
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make about the bed being queen sized. Are you afraid the "Satanic" Protestants have influenced the Church to worship Mary as the "Queen of Heaven" even though that is what Protestants accuse Catholics of? If you are that paranoid seeing a therapist might be a good idea.
6. Ménage-à-trois, Really? Really?
And there is a Protestant/Satanic conspiracy to convert you all to Islam now?
This is an unique kind of crazy.
6/26/2012 8:04:18 AM
I'm somehow suspecting poe on this.
6/26/2012 8:05:42 AM
Did Denis get his prescriptions mixed up again?
6/26/2012 8:40:55 AM
Road junctions, Satanic!
6/26/2012 8:44:22 AM
I read that and my brain just turned to pudding.
6/26/2012 9:21:17 AM
When you Assume, you make an ass out of you and me.
It's Pagans who believe in the four elements, and they are not Satanists, you dunderhead.
6/26/2012 9:25:22 AM
"The symbol of this bronze is that it represents a ménage-à-trois, an unspeakable heresy that insinuate to the public that the Blessed Virgin Mary was made pregnant, not by the Holy Ghost, but by Zachary"
Well I think a DNA test is called for. In the case of baby Jesus. Zachary you are the father!!
6/26/2012 9:41:46 AM
What is a Satanic Cross and how can I tell the difference?
6/26/2012 9:46:19 AM
...the Cathedral of Our Lady of the Assumption, ... has many disturbing symbols: The most visible is a giant Satanic Cross that stands above the ceiling.
- Visible THROUGH the ceiling? Are you crazy? And since when is the cross a satanic symbol? You are out of your tiny mind.
- The + cross is the Greek Cross. There are many churches that follow this design. The (so-called) Calvary cross is only one version. When crucifixion was in vogue, any two pieces of wood would do - even a forked branch in a tree. Get real asnd get educated.
"...there is no permanent Crucifix..."
- The empty cross represents the resurrected Christ.
- As to Elizabeth being served by Mary,. that was the purpose of the Visitation - second Mystery of the Joyful ones. As Zachary and Elizabeth were married, and Elizabeth was heavily pregnant, a bed is entirely appropriate. Did you want her to have her child on the floor? the menage a trois is the product of your disgustingly lurid imagination.
6/26/2012 9:59:02 AM
Actually, it was the Christians who stole the cross from the Romans, since it was a form of execution at the time. Jesus, if he existed even as a man, was hardly the first one nailed up. It would be like a future religion using the guillotine or electric chair as a religious icon.
6/26/2012 10:07:13 AM
1 2 3