1 2 3
Men for equal rights are bad?
8/19/2012 11:28:28 AM
I think women are people. This makes me a feminist. Also, the idea of beating a woman is revolting and men who do it are scum.
8/19/2012 11:52:12 AM
Percy Q. Shunn
Translation: Men who want to see women as equals, instead of subjects, are to be vilified.
8/19/2012 11:54:49 AM
1. Even if (some) women do like a bad boy fantasy, the vast majority are capable of separating fantasy from reality. 2. "bad boy" is someone whose a bit rough round teh edges. Beating someone is not "rough round the edges" it's "abusive asshole".
8/19/2012 12:05:55 PM
"No Chivalry: Usually men who believes in the rights of women usually lack chivalry. They treat women as equal, but not better than men. So when you are an equal, he doesn't have to hold the door for you or pay your bill."
I'm in favor of trading 'chivalry' in for good manners. I hold the door for anyone coming in behind me, and most of the time whoever is ahead of me holds the door for me. Gender doesn't matter here, it's simple courtesy.
"Just like Atheists have no holidays[...]"
Are you serious? Hm, maybe this is a poe... I've never met an atheist who didn't celebrate holidays at all. Sure, some celebrate a little differently, but most people I've met, regardless of their religious beliefs or lack their of, find reason to celebrate every once in a while.
"Women Like Bad Boys: No matter how technically correct feminist men are, women hardly ever get attracted to such men. Women have this sinister quality to get attracted to all the 'wrong' kinds of men. The mythical 'bad boy' who is a woman beater and a chauvinist still reigns supreme in the fantasies of women. Put it simply, women are a bit masochistic from within and that is why 'abusive' men is what most women partly want."
That's a stereotype, plain and simple. Please get your information about the world from someplace other that "Twilight" and its imitators.
8/19/2012 12:11:15 PM
I'm a feminist man, and I still have chivalry- I open the door for everyone, whether they have a penis or not. Simple.
8/19/2012 12:22:19 PM
Fundies Make Me Sick
The only part of this that's true is the traitor's part. The rest of it is a combination of stereotypes, lies, and exaggeration.
Lady, you should be thankful for male feminists like myself because if it wasn't for men who supported women's rights, women wouldn't have made as much progress as they have.
8/19/2012 12:29:24 PM
Voice of Humanity
Wow, this one's awful. This is good example of how misandry is just another angle of misogyny. Women like bad boys? Bullshit.
PS: Also, what's up with the spellchecker? Its actually flagging misandry.
8/19/2012 12:48:05 PM
1. You're right, it is not in my immediate self-interest to respect women or stand up for their rights. However, I do it anyway, since I have a conscience, and it hurts to see people being treated unfairly. I also have many female friends, although I suppose I could theoretically stand up for them without standing up for women as a whole.
2. Respecting people who are different than you and treating them as equals does not make you a traitor to those who are like you.
3. I generally try to treat everyone chivalrously. I hold doors for everyone, ofter to help them carry heavy things (unless they are obviously much stronger than me and better off without my help), and so forth. When I go to the movies and restaurants with friends, I offer to pay for their ticket or meal.
4. Women deserve as much "liberation" as men, no more and no less. I have yet to see a male feminist as batshit insane as Valerie Solanas or RadFem Hub, but I'm sure they exist. Every group has its lunatic fringe.
5. I come across as the complete opposite of a "bad boy," but people like me, and I still have no problem attracting members of either sex. People generally like others who treat them kindly and respectfully. Women don't see misogynists as some kind of irresistible modern-day James Dean. Also, men like "bad girls" too. Ever heard of femme fatales? Veronica Lodge? When a confident person who loves themself and doesn't give a fuck about what others think places you on a pedestal or goes out of their way to impress you, you know they really mean it. That along with coming across as "exotic" or "mysterious" probably accounts for most of the appeal. It has absolutely nothing to do with being a chauvinist pig.
8/19/2012 12:52:59 PM
I'd call myself a male feminist. That means I consider women equal to men in all respects. But, Ms. Sarkar, you seem to think that I should consider you better than me. Which I don't, at all.
Also, not gonna lie, it wouldn't surprise me if this was a male Poe.
8/19/2012 12:55:24 PM
Oh My Dog!
I'm thinking poe, but just in case...
Treating women as if they are people!!!
Oh the HORROR!11!!!11!!ELEVENTYONE!!!!
Otherwise, carry on.
8/19/2012 12:56:31 PM
Usually men who believes in the rights of women usually lack chivalry. They treat women as equal, but not better than men
Absolutely. Because women are not inherently better than men anymore than men are inherently better than women. It's been a long time since I've heard anyone express the concept of "men holding doors open for women," and even then, it was on television. If nothing else, it seems the new norm is as others have suggested - if you get to the door, and someone is coming behind you (or through the door), hold it open for them, regardless of gender.
The one thing I haven't seen changed is the concept of men paying for the dates - although, again, that's mainly on television. It's been awhile since I've done any dating, so I couldn't tell you if that's still practiced in reality or not.
To be honest, women like you are giving feminism a bad name. You're the ones that feed into the likes of Rush Limbaugh decrying "feminazis." You really ought to stop.
8/19/2012 1:07:30 PM
My dad's a feminist, you nitwit. Does he have his slip ups? Yes, but at the end of the day, he tries his damndest to treat women with the same respect he treats men. And guess what? He and my mother have been married for TWENTY TWO YEARS! AND HE HOLDS THE DOOR OPEN FOR EVERYONE! (okay, I'm getting silly now)
So, in closing, you're an idiot.
8/19/2012 1:09:49 PM
All feminists are bad, all feminists accept the flawed and demonstrably false "Patriarchy theory". Feminism is dogmatic and based on a false doctrine.
Gender equality by all means but feminism will *never* achieve that because that is *not* its goal.
Oh, and I love your double standards and hypocrisy, you worthless scum.
8/19/2012 1:18:05 PM
Rabbit of Caerbannog
rabbit man here. Screw you.
8/19/2012 1:41:20 PM
Treating 1/2 the population equal to the other 1/2 is bad?
8/19/2012 2:08:17 PM
I am married to a man who agrees with the concepts of feminism and that women are equal to men.Now if that makes him a feminist,then so be it.Him not being a 'typical' man was what attracted me to him.
8/19/2012 2:22:11 PM
I am a man who believes in equal rights and equal treatment for everybody, I'd certainly never use the word feminist to describe myself, it's a dirty word now, wrapped up with extremist ranting and castration fantasies, all because of people like you.
8/19/2012 2:31:41 PM
Atheists have no holidays? wtf?
8/19/2012 2:32:20 PM
Idiotic article on an idiotic website.
8/19/2012 3:20:21 PM
If you can't treat half the human race as fellow human beings diaf.
8/19/2012 3:22:57 PM
The thing is, most married men have wives, and nowadays, most of these wives work. Anything that advances women economically advances the family. Anything that combats sexual harassment combats the boss at work trying to "buy" your wife's "services". As for chivalry, In my experience it still exists and I suspect most women still appreciate it.
8/19/2012 4:04:23 PM
Frankly, this isn't an issue that comes up very often in my day-to-day conversations.
8/19/2012 4:07:09 PM
checkmate Would you like to date a man who calls himself a feminist?
Because a woman needs a real man:
8/19/2012 4:49:16 PM
The Crimson Ghost
I DO live with a man who is, by definition, a feminist. It's one my favorite things about him. And just because YOU are a masochist it doesn't make the rest of us so. I'm actually more of a sadist :)
Fucking idiot-& don't tell me that atheists don't have holidays; I have plenty. My favorite one is coming up in October! I think I'll be a droog for halloween & if I ever meet you I'll show you plenty of good ol' ultraviolence. Traitor.
8/19/2012 4:54:52 PM
1 2 3