1 2 3
I see what you did there.
You're still a moron though.
1/31/2012 9:13:00 AM
Is it bad that the last point made me laugh the hardest?
1/31/2012 10:11:48 AM
Joe is a fundie. The quoted material (deleted by Amazon) is an example of his idea of serious discussion.
1/31/2012 10:15:21 AM
1. Didn't know who she were, but to stop forced Bible recitations in school sounds fairly decent.
2. You mean in his youth, when he studied to be a priest?
3. Nobody gets happy at the thought of abortions, stupid, and it has nothing to do with atheism.
Sometimes it's the lesser of two evils. Children have a right to be born wanted, expected and loved, in my opinion.
Three reasons why I became an atheist:
1. The religious texts made less and less sense.
2. There is too much needless suffering in the world for a benevolent deity to exist.
3. There are too many conflicting stories, supposedly told by the One And Only God, and they are too contradictory in themselves.
1/31/2012 10:20:37 AM
Joe, Amazing Religion Forum
In three sentences why I'm a total fuckwit:
1) I like to make generalizations
2) I have no idea about what I'm commenting on
3) I repeat the above repeatedly till I can claim a "win" when others stop replying in frustration
1/31/2012 10:44:20 AM
1. While she had a lot of good ideas, I think see was not the sort of person I would care to emulate.
2. No, but I have always thought most of the Christian Saints were over-rated.
3. The thought of an ill-prepared, emotionally unstable, financially insecure woman having access to a safe, medical abortion DOES make me happy.
1/31/2012 10:44:22 AM
One sentence: I think.
1/31/2012 11:02:20 AM
I had to check wikipedia to find out who Madelyn O'Hare was.
She wasn't the pope of Atheism you know, and she's not the first saint of the church of atheism either.
The other two are annoyingly stupid, but the first is at least fixably stupid
1/31/2012 11:11:00 AM
In one sentence why you're going to hell (if it actually exists):
1) Thou shalt not bear false witness
1/31/2012 11:20:10 AM
Dionysus wins the comments.
1/31/2012 12:01:54 PM
1/31/2012 12:30:17 PM
Her name was Madalyn O'Hair.
O'Hare is an airport in Chicago.
1/31/2012 12:49:53 PM
Leave it to some dumb conservative to equate atheism with abortion. I am fucking sick of this uncommon practice dominating American political discourse.
1/31/2012 1:01:55 PM
that's sad mister straw-man atheist, maybe you need a better education.
1/31/2012 2:08:30 PM
(I haven't looked at the comments yet, and I just know everyone did this.)
In three sentences why I became an atheist:
1) I read the Bible
2) I reflected on all the rationalizing religions do to try to explain why God does not prevent suffering
3) I grew up and accepted death
Oh, and oop at me for not realizing this was satire. I thought this was a fundie being libellous as always, saying the reasons he thinks atheists become what they are. Not a fundie attempting to be a troll. So yeah, obvious poe is obvious.
1/31/2012 2:26:29 PM
= POPE =
Three reasons why I became an atheist:
1. I understand the difference between coincidence and causality.
2. I'm not superstitious, and mass hypnosis doesn't work well on me.
3. I don't have to hang around with assholes like Joe.
1/31/2012 2:45:21 PM
Well, I like non-sequiturs.
1/31/2012 2:57:26 PM
Aww, the kid is trying to argue like a teenager. Please, beg your parents to buy you some literature.
1/31/2012 3:29:05 PM
1/31/2012 3:54:57 PM
No "Traumatised Childhood" bullshit?!
1/31/2012 3:59:06 PM
Fawful has seen God has a vagina on top of his penis
1/31/2012 6:31:01 PM
If you've been on Amazon discussion boards over the past couple of years (unfortunately the general Religion forum mysteriously got wiped out in a database crash a few months ago, but it's coming back), you'd know that "Joe" is just another of many right-wing fundie cranks who regularly gets his ass handed to him in most threads.
This is Joe's attempt at wit, much like pretending to be a plumber is performance art.
1/31/2012 7:16:23 PM
1) Madelyn O'Hare- is that the evil bitch I'm thinking of? The elusive atheist fundie?
2) Yes, Stalin's singing voice was misunderstood in it's time and- wait, wrong universe.
3) Actually, sometimes I agree with this one (in a "well, better than the alternative" kind of way).
1/31/2012 7:20:34 PM
Can't tell if this is a fundie idiot claiming to be an atheists or an atheist troll pretending to be a fundie idiot claiming to be an atheist.
1/31/2012 11:47:04 PM
That strawman was sure hard to beat, wasn't it?
2/1/2012 3:52:08 AM
1 2 3