Among the camp’s practices, posted on the blog of a youth whose parents are forcing him to attend:
1. Kids in the program are not allowed to speak to anyone, not even their parents, for at least the first two days.
2. Kids are not allowed to go anywhere unless they are accompanied by at least two other participants, one of which has to have at least 8 weeks of prior indoctrination.
3. Kids are not allowed to keep a journal or a diary
4. Kids are not allowed to discuss what goes on in the program with anyone, not even their parents
5. Kids are not allowed to have contact with any family members other than parents, who also go through the program
6. Kids are not allowed to have any physical contact with any human being other than a hand shake or a pat on the shoulder, and only when authorized.
7. Kids are not allowed outside of a small geographic area within Memphis, even if accompanied by parents, without prior written authorization
8. Kids are not allowed to listen to any music that is not explicitly Christian (Bach and Beethoven are specifically forbidden as being non-Christian)
9. Kids are not permitted to enter restaurants that serve alcohol
10. Kids are not allowed to speak after 9:00 p.m. under any circumstance
11. Kids may be placed in a state of isolation where they are not allowed to communicate with one another"
Straight Camp, blog - NYC Liberalism 240 Comments
[8/18/2009 6:27:33 PM]
Fundie Index: 323
Submitted By: JennyB