Here's some pictures of your cousin Tom:
10/9/2007 7:14:56 AM
Can you say, "atavism," girls and boys? I knew you could.
10/9/2007 7:16:01 AM
Well first of all chimps don't have tails, in fact apes in general do not have tails. You do look like a monkey, look at your hands, they're almost exactly like a chimps hand.
An unbiased observer from another planet would almost immediately see the similarities in the way we behave emotionally, our skeletal structure, our basic morphology, our genetics and our relatively close level of intelligence.
I foresee a lot of goal post moving here as people point out more and more similarities between humans and chimps. No matter how many similarities we may point out it'll never be enough for him.
10/9/2007 7:22:15 AM
You are displaying a chimp-like trait, namely low education level and lack of understanding of anything other than what's right in front of you.
Also chimps don't have tails, thus further demonstrating your chimp-like lack of intelligence.
10/9/2007 8:07:10 AM
Keep inbreeding, R Zachery. It'll happen in your family.
10/9/2007 8:09:26 AM
Keep inbreeding, Zach, and this will happen in your very own family! (along with some other interesting things...)
10/9/2007 8:10:57 AM
"Why doesn't my cousin Tom not have a tail like a chimp?"
n't my cousin Tom not have a tail like a chimp?
I would feel bad for Tom, but I have a tail like a chimp as well, that is, none at all.
10/9/2007 8:12:46 AM
10/9/2007 8:14:31 AM
We share 98% of the same genetic makeup with chimp. That does not mean, however, that we share the same physical makeup as them. The physical traits are developed on a need basis. Do you understand what evolution is, at all?
10/9/2007 8:44:18 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, I give you exhibit A.
10/9/2007 8:46:39 AM
Because evolution doesn't work that way?(for the record, we have ATROFIATED our tail, since we don't need it any longer, but the gene is there. And some people have developed a little one)
10/9/2007 8:48:33 AM
Words cannot describe how ignorant you are.
10/9/2007 8:53:07 AM
You do realize that chimps don't have tails, right? And we have bipedal movement, the same number of hairs on our body (thought less coarse), forward facing eyes, opposable thumbs, shoulder joints that allow us to swing our arms in a circle (only primates can do this), no tails, the same bones, a four-chambered heart, nails instead of claws, a flattened face, ect.
Nope, we have nothing in common with chimpanzees. *rolls eyes*
10/9/2007 9:07:55 AM
Why doesn't my cousin Tom not have a tail like a chimp?
He does. Chimps don't have tails.
10/9/2007 9:07:55 AM
If there really is a god then why can't I see his beard!
10/9/2007 9:21:23 AM
Because Tom has the exact same LACK OF A TAIL that all chimps share(thats right, chimps dont have external tails)
10/9/2007 9:41:04 AM
1) clearly, r. zachery, you've never seen a chimp before. chimps don't have tails--apes in general don't have tails.
2) your daughter does have a nose like an ape. just because her nose isn't flat doesn't mean it's not the same basic structure.
3) the reason why our noses and mouths don't protrude far beyond our foreheads is that we have flat foreheads, no slope. it's because we have frontal lobes, a brain structure that controls emotion and higher thought--you know, all that stuff that makes us human.
3b) occasionally people ARE born with birth defects that result in protruding noses and mouths. not often, but it happens.
4) our bodies ARE full of hair. very short, fine hairs. sometimes the hair follicles are overactive and produce thick, long, dark coats of hair. it's a "switched off" gene that does sometimes get accidentally turned back on.
5) true, our arms don't come down to our feet. because we don't need them to. we're bipedal, we walk on two feet. apes CAN walk on two feet but often need the aid of their forelegs (arms) to go long distances. we don't. therefore we don't need long arms.
6) game over. you lose. insert quarter to play again.
10/9/2007 10:16:46 AM
Because genetics doesn't work that way.
10/9/2007 10:24:07 AM
Sorry Zach my boy but your daughter DOES have a nose like a chimp, that's one ugly little girl right there.
Also ..... Ian Brown, I rest my case.
10/9/2007 10:31:18 AM
Actually, we do look fairly similar. We just have less body hair.
10/9/2007 10:45:51 AM
"If we decended from Chimps or Apes...."
We didn't, go buy yourself a new strawman.
As for the rest of your bullshit argument: genetics doesn't work that way.
10/9/2007 10:47:15 AM
Humans have vestigial tails, even though most great apes - chimps included - don't have tails. Also, look up hypertrichosis.
Not that it matters, since ToE states we share a common ancestor with chimps, not that we are descended from them.
It's generally a good idea to know something about a subject before arguing against it.
10/9/2007 10:57:55 AM
Because we evolved.
10/9/2007 11:09:19 AM
R. Zachary throws new light on the subject.
10/9/2007 1:07:55 PM
I can only hope this person has never seen a monkey.
10/9/2007 1:19:23 PM