The works of Marx and Engels promotes atheism, yes.
That does not mean that all atheists are communists.
All dogs are mammals, not all mammals are dogs.
10/9/2007 6:39:45 AM
Epicurus was a Communist?
10/9/2007 6:52:07 AM
GuitarRipper, if you'd ever looked in a dictionary you would know that the word 'Communism' is a proper name, so is not included at all! Neither is the word 'gullible'.
10/9/2007 7:11:06 AM
1. a theory or system of social organization based on the holding of all property in common, actual ownership being ascribed to the community as a whole or to the state.
2. (often initial capital letter ) a system of social organization in which all economic and social activity is controlled by a totalitarian state dominated by a single and self-perpetuating political party.
3. (initial capital letter ) the principles and practices of the Communist party.
For more information, go to the following site: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/communism
10/9/2007 7:38:36 AM
The Project Hate
10/9/2007 7:39:13 AM
Swing and a miss, buds.
10/9/2007 7:48:39 AM
Psh, go look in the dictionary.
Fundie = Cretin.
EDIT: Automatically assumed Fundie. Sloppy thinking on my part, sorry.
10/9/2007 7:50:20 AM
What dictionary might that be? By the way, Ayn Rand was an atheist, too.
10/9/2007 8:07:43 AM
Doctor Whom wrote: "By the way, Ayn Rand was an atheist, too."
*GACK* Stop making the fundies arguments for them!
Being lumped in with Hitler and Stalin, I could put up with. But Ayn Rand?!
10/9/2007 8:17:44 AM
Go look in the dictionary.
10/9/2007 8:21:43 AM
he probably looked it up on conservapedia.com
10/9/2007 8:32:24 AM
Nope, it says "Ideology associated with Marx's socio-political and economic theories.......", sorry.
10/9/2007 8:34:30 AM
10/9/2007 9:25:08 AM
10/9/2007 10:16:35 AM
1) commmunism is not the worlds greatest evil; it's not going to hurt you.
2) atheism isn't either. this doesn't make them the same
3) you obviously haven't checked the dictionary. not that I'm surprised, it would have been too much to ask for you to have your facts straight before you go off making moronic assertions
10/9/2007 10:39:15 AM
Oh boy! Another entry for the Fundie Dictionary project!
10/9/2007 10:47:42 AM
It was probably the fundie dictionary, I would bet that it was.
10/9/2007 11:12:39 AM
Guitar Ripper is one 17 year old who needs to be doing his 5th grade homework instead of playing video games!
10/9/2007 11:13:00 AM
Illicit conversion, anyone?
10/9/2007 11:17:52 AM
There is a whole bizarro dictionary?
Or is it like one of the old ones that say "negroes are good with drums"?
10/9/2007 12:13:13 PM
His stupidity is an insult to guitarists.
10/9/2007 1:26:43 PM
No, no and no. FAIL
10/9/2007 1:38:10 PM
I looked in the C's, then I looked in the A's. What page did you find that on?
10/9/2007 1:47:27 PM
I'm an atheist, and communism can suck it.
You know all those dead people? That's communism's fault.
10/9/2007 2:39:11 PM
Communist governments tend to try to enforce atheism, but not all people who are communist are atheist, and few atheists (in my experience) are communists.
I have had a positive personal experience regarding communism in microcosms, but that's better suited for the forums.
10/9/2007 3:19:05 PM